Thursday, September 22, 2011

PA Bound!

Man, I am really getting behind on my posts!  Mike has been working later shifts lately, so we've been doing a lot of house projects/errands during the day, and by the time he leaves for work I am too tired to blog.  For some reason, I prefer to write in the morning.  Once afternoon (or especially evening) hits, I have no blogging motivation.

Anyway, for a few months now our little family had been planning a trip to PA to visit my Dad and step mom at their cabin.  We were also gonna catch the PSU vs. Alabama game while we were at it ;)

But, once again, Mother Nature threw a wrench in our plans.  Our trip did not go as planned for several reasons, but most importantly, we weren't physically able to get to my Dad's cabin.  There was severe flooding in that area of PA and they were actually evacuating people by helicopter!  Crazy weather we've had lately!

So the night before we were supposed to leave my Dad called and said to just hang tight in NC for now.  Mike and I were in bed, and the car was packed and ready to go in the AM.  We looked at each other and knew we were thinking the same thing.  We're going....regardless.  Maybe not to the cabin, but we were going to PA to visit family one way or the other.  We didn't do all of that packing and planning for nothing.

So I called my sister, who said the roads were clear to get to her house, so if all else failed, we were heading to Philly.   At that point in time my Dad and step mom were en route to their cabin and couldn't make it there, so they had to turn around and attempt to get back home.  Which was no easy task.  Six hours, 2 dead animals, and one dented truck bumper later....they made it.

So, we decided to head to their house in Allentown instead.  Not a fun car trip with Miss Marie, but we made it... a little bit frazzled, but unscathed.  She slept for less than 2 of the 9 hours and cried for about half of the trip.  Yuck.  But once we got there and sorted some things out, we had a great time.

Here are her weekly photos we took the morning that we left.  Should've known by her face that it was gonna be a rough ride...

Ha ha, how grumpy does she look?



But, you know me, I wouldn't stop until I got some form of a smile, so here we are...

I remember that it took me a loooooong time to coax this out!


When we got there my Dad took Addy to the park to swing for the first time.  He said she was a little bit skeptical at first, but then she relaxed and enjoyed the ride.  We all wanted to see her in all of her swinging glory, so the whole fam headed back to the park the next day.

Just chillin'



Looking very serious


Love it!  It was a little bit sunny, so I ran (literally) back to the house to get her hat.


Playing with Grandpa


Mommy, Addy, and Grandpa


Ha ha, it seems as though I had the wrong bib on her that day.


She was very happy in her swing :) ....


So Mommy and Daddy decided to give it a whirl!


We all laughed because it looked like she was trying to pump her legs like us!


Daisy was happy to be included in a day at the park :)


Addy's great grandparents came up for a visit...




And Aunt Tina too....

Ha ha, one of Addy's favorite toys on that trip was an empty water bottle.  She would chew on it and play with it for a long time!


Playing at Grandpa's house!


Love this one!  Addy loves having so many playmates!

Grandpa and Grandma Beth getting ready to head to the PSU game!  Pap and Grandma Hetrick watched Addy for the day.

Before we knew it, it was time to head home again....

Addy followed us back to NC in her own car ;)

All in all, we had a great trip and loved hanging out with our family.  I know I say this a lot, but every time I come home from being with our extended family I think it... Addy has A LOT of people that love her!  And whether we live near or far that will never change.  And that's the most important thing.




1 comment:

  1. Yay it was so fun seeing addy again! Love all the pics:)

    ReplyDelete