Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Self Portrait(s)

I decided to include two self portraits from this past month, because May is one of my favorite months of the year, and we did a lot.

Number one, I have a lot to celebrate in May.  Mother's Day, my birthday, and our wedding anniversary!!  Ha ha, pricey month for Michael ;)  So we had four date nights in one month, which is unheard of for us these days!  We saw the Broadway show Wicked, we went to the Zac Brown Band concert, and we went out for dinner (alone!) twice.  Ahhh, what a great month. 

Here I am at the Zac Brown concert: 

Look at how close we were!!

But the second reason that I love the month of May is ....it's strawberry picking time!!!  I could eat fresh, sweet strawberries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I honestly went at least once a week to pick a large basket of strawberries.  I ate them on everything: cereal, ice cream, pancakes, waffles.  Or I would just slice them up and eat them plain.  Plus I made strawberry pies, and lots of jars of strawberry jam.  Yup, just call me Suzy Homemaker.  Our season is quite long in comparison to other places (about a month and a half) and I was in heaven the whole time.  Always having plenty of fresh strawberries in the fridge.  I am now finishing my last bunch of them and it makes me sad.  That's it until next year.

This year, when I went picking, I got the pleasure of toting this little lady along with me:

Addy was always a complete mess after we were done, requiring the removal of all clothing and a full wipe down before getting in her car seat to go home.  But we both enjoyed ourselves, and that's all that matters!

So that's what I've been up to in May.  Sad that my favorite month is over, but I am so glad that summer is here!!!!  Bring on the beach!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay love the self portrait! I'm going to be posting mine late, in June:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save a jar of strawbeery jam for me!!!

    ReplyDelete