Thursday, August 6, 2015

Our Last Days as a Family of Four

Well, this is it.  It's late Thursday night and I am going to the hospital in the morning for a labor induction that will hopefully lead to the speedy delivery of our third baby girl.  I have been in full on nesting mode over the past few days cleaning everything from bottles to every bicycle in the garage.

Tonight though it finally hit me, and I became a big tearful mess just like I was before I went in to have Emma.  I couldn't explain why I was crying because it's just a mixture of so many emotions.  I'm nervous for the delivery, sentimental that this was our last day as a little family of four, sad that the girls are going to have to share our attention with another sibling, and also happy that we are giving our girls the gift of another sister to love.  Our life is about to change permanently in a big way and I know that in no time we won't be able to imagine our life without this new little bundle of joy, but for now I can't imagine life with her.  I am excited though.  Despite all of these last minute "This is happening now!" emotions, I have so much joy for the amount of love that our new daughter will bring.

Here is our last official photo as a family of four:
Yesterday Mike got the awesome idea to make some lemonade with the girls in their new play set.  And in between sterilizing bottles, I came out to join the fun :)

Look at those happy faces!  Mike and I are so blessed to be the parents to these two amazing little girls and I cannot wait to witness them doting on their baby sister.  Life is about to change.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment