Monday, October 28, 2013

Emma: 13 Months!

Dear Little Lou,

This month you have been mimicking lots of new words!  You are becoming less and less of a baby every day.  You can say "Hi", "Bye", "Mommy", "Daddy", and "Addy".  You are interacting so much more and I love to watch you start to really play with your sister.  You love/fear her so very much ;)  Addy loves you too, she's just very in your face about it, ha ha!

You have started to stand by yourself for a few seconds and you are cruising like a champ.  You also have started to push the push toys around, although you are still a bit unsteady on your feet.  At the park, you love to crawl around and climb all over the playground.


You still enjoy swinging, but you have recently discovered that sliding boards are fun!  Once I put you down the sliding board the first time you didn't want to do anything else but slide for the rest of the day.  Whenever I would take you away from the slide to give someone else a turn you would throw your little head back and scream...true toddler tantrum style.

You are an expert at climbing steps and your favorite game is to start climbing and wait for someone to see you and then motor up as fast as you possibly can, laughing the whole time.  Although you can climb up steps very well, you haven't figured out how to go back down yet.  I have to keep a close eye on your sister or she tries to "help" you get back down.



Your endless appetite is starting to level out and you have discovered that if you don't like a food, all you have to do is throw it on the floor and Holly will take care of it for you.  And then you look right at us and laugh.  Oh boy.  Now when we tell you "No", you are starting too understand it and you turn on the dramatics and cry like an old pro.

Bath time is one of your favorite times of the day and I think you would sit in there for hours and play if I let you.  No more baby tub for you (We got rid of that a few months ago).  Now you and your sister are in the big tub playing together during bath time.  You both really love that time of day :)





It's fun watching you start to understand concepts like, phones go up to your ear and hats go on you head.  You are so proud when you do these things by yourself!



Violet is one of your favorite toys and its so cute watching you hug and kiss/bite her ;)



You still have 6 teeth (4 top and 2 bottom) but, judging by the drooling and the constant shoving of your fist in your mouth, more are coming.  

Oh how I love your little gap toothed smile!  You are the happiest little lady around. You have learned that putting your arms up like this will likely get you picked up by someone and I just can't resist you.  Daddy says I spoil you, but so what?  You are only my "baby" for such a short amount of time, and I'll hold you all day if you want me to :)



Little Lou, I just love you to pieces.  You are my precious baby girl, and I know how fleeting this baby time is.  Every day I give you more hugs, kisses, and snuggles than I can possibly count.  And I wouldn't have it any other way :)


I love you sweet girl!

Love,

Mommy

2 comments: