Monday, March 3, 2014

February Self Portrait

The month of February was, of course, taken over by our move.  One of these months I will have a self portrait that doesn't have anything to do with moving, ha ha!  But in February, my life consisted of unpacking boxes.  I worked hard, and during every nap time and after the girls bedtime, I unpacked.  

Luckily, we had some help from our amazing families.  Mom and Tina helped me clean.  Jay helped Mike mount our new TV.  Beth came and helped me unpack.  Mike's parents took the girls for a day so that I could unpack in peace.  And Dad and Beth took the girls for a weekend, which was when we really tackled it.  (I'm talking 8 + solid hours a day that weekend.)  If it wasn't for all of that, we'd still be living amongst boxes.  But we finished the majority of our unpacking in about 2 weeks, which I was pretty proud of.  

Here I am in our bathroom, the last room to get unpacked.  This is the last of our boxes, and when that was done, I was DONE!  



Now, there are still plenty of boxes floating around this house, but it is mostly decor, which is something that I am really dreading delving into.  On one hand, this house doesn't totally feel like ours yet because we haven't decorated it.  But on the other hand, I'm not really a fan of decorating because I want everything to be perfect (which it never is) and I never seem to have a creative vision.  If someone could just come and decorate this house for me, I'd be forever grateful.  Anyone? Anyone?  Didn't think so. 

So anyway, our living essentials are unpacked and put away.  Next step is decorating, buying and hanging curtains (ugh!!), and painting a few rooms.  I was about to say that our house is a work in progress, but really whose isn't?  It will always be a work in progress, and in a sense that's the fun of it.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment