Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Please Touch Museum and Outdoor Fun!

After we left Camp SOKI, Addy and and I went back to Philly with Tina and Jay while Mike headed home to NC.  (I guess someone has to work, huh?)  We had a short visit of only two days in Philly, but we made the most of it.  On Monday, Tina suggested that we take Addy to the Please Touch Museum.  Well, I'm so glad that she did, because that place is awesome!  It was definitely expensive, and not some place that you could visit frequently, but it is just the coolest place for little kids.  It'll be even cooler when Addy gets a little bit older.  But they had a lot of sections for children under three, so we hit all of those up. 

Our first stop was the baby duck pond, which Addy loved :)

Then we hit up the forest:

And the Jungle:

And Fairy Tale Land:

Then we went to the Alice in Wonderland area:

And Addy loved, loved, loved this particular slide.  She did not want to leave this spot.

They had this house section with gardening tools, and Addy loved that blue rake.  She just raked and raked.

Then she took a break from all of her hard labor on the front porch :)

We headed into the kitchen to whip up some dinner...

...which we were miraculously able to do before going to the grocery store (ha ha):

Then came the Things That Move area:

Addy drove the city bus :)

We put some giant magnets on a giant wall:

Went to the Space Station:

And we ended our trip back in the Baby Duck Pond area since Addy liked it so much.

We had so much fun at the museum, and as you can see from the pictures, Aunt Tina got a workout from chasing Addy around, hoisting her up to see things, etc.  I was simply the one behind the camera.  Roles were a little reversed, huh?  I owe my sister big time for doing all of that for Addy, because my pregnant self surely could not handle all of that lifting.  Tina and Addy were worn out after our excursion. 

Addy was so worn out, in fact, that she napped for about 15 minutes on the way home.... which meant that she refused to take an actual nap once we got home.  I hate those short car cat naps.  It never fails that if Addy falls asleep (even for 5 minutes) in the car, she will not take a nap once we get home.  We put her in her crib and left her up there for an hour and a half... and she didn't sleep a wink!  I kept thinking she was bound to crash soon, but she never did.

So we headed outside for some water time:

I did not think that Addy would be into this sprinkler idea.  You know, with her being so wimpy, and the water being cold and all.  But she loved it!

She kept saying, "More! More! More!"

Then we got out the good old bucket of water and had some fun with that too:)

It was a great day, and we were sad to go home the following day.  But, on the other hand, it felt good to get home after being away for almost two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I had so much fun! PS I've been loving the blogging every day deal:)