Thursday, July 25, 2013

Emma: 10 Months!

Dear Sassy Sue,

This is your newest nickname because the days of you being content wherever we place you are a thing of the past.  You let it be known that you prefer for the attention to be on you at all times.  Addy is pretty good at entertaining you, however due to her age she is not to be trusted ;)  I can't tell you how many times things will be going smoothly, so I leave the room for 2 seconds, and I hear you wail and Addy's saying "I don't want to go to time out!"  Inevitably she bopped you on the head with something, pushed you over, stole your toy, or something of the like.  But despite the chaos that is our life right now, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

You are still a very pleasant baby.  As long as someone is paying attention to you, you are all smiles :)  You have the cutest little laugh, and though we don't hear it often, when we do it melts our hearts completely.



You have finally started becoming slightly mobile by rolling and spinning around, but no crawling yet.  I am fine with that, but I have a feeling you will be crawling soon.  You are so close!!



Ha ha, yes I plan on cutting your hair soon.  You are in desperate need, as the back is so long and wispy and the front is always in your eyes.  It only stays back if I put it in a barrette, but recently you have taken to ripping them out.  (Why is it that neither of my daughters like things in their hair?)

You are down to nursing three times a day (morning, night, and before your second nap).  You eat 2 containers of food 3 times a day and have a few snacks too.  Snacks usually consist of Cheerios, Mum Mums or Yogurt melts.  And you are starting to eat a lot more table food, which makes life a bit easier.  Your newest love is cheese, so you fit right in with this family ;)

Guess what I recently discovered by accident?  You can drink from a straw!  You have zero interest in a sippy cup, but one day when I gave you Addy's cup to play with, you picked it right up and started drinking from it!


You had your nine month doctor's appointment a little bit late, so you were closer to 10 months when we went.  Here are your stats:

Weight: 17lbs 3.2oz (25th percentile)
Length: 27 3/4 inches (40th percentile)
Head circumference: 45cm (75th percentile)  (You and your sister have both always had large noggins ;))

As your doctor put it, you are "petite".  Sounds so dainty doesn't it?

Nothing new with your napping schedule, although you are napping for a bit longer lately, which is fabulous.  About 1.5-2 hours twice a day.  And still sleeping 12 hours at night.

You are becoming more and more vocal, and you love to click your tongue and blow raspberries.  And just the other day you started saying "Hi!"  I don't think you know what it means, but you love to say it and you'll even say it on command.  You usually spout off "Dada" when you are happy and "Mama" when you are upset.  (How did I get the raw end of that deal?  Daddy tried to make me feel better by telling me it's because I am your greatest comfort when you are upset.  We'll go with that.)

You recently learned how to shake your head "No", and you laugh whenever you do it :)

I would say that your favorite book is Ten Little Ladybugs, which was your sister's favorite for a long time.  You love to reach out and try to grab the ladybugs off the page and you squeal with delight at the turn of every page :)

You still love to be standing while holding onto us or the furniture, but you haven't pulled yourself up yet.  You also  like when we walk you around while you hold onto our fingers.  Won't be long until you are running around on your own.  I wish I could stop time for just a little bit.  I really cannot believe that my baby will be a year old in 2 short months.  Where is the time going???



Here are your monthly pictures:





Your favorite game: "How Big is Emmy?  So big!!"


"Wait a minute.  Is this a barrette in my hair?  Let's get that out of there."  



You are such a little ragamuffin with that hair!


We're going to get your hair cut soon.  I promise.


"Mommy! I. AM. OVER. THIS!!!"


Ah, barrette is back in and we're back in business :)



Ending the photo shoot outdoors (with Daddy and Addy to provide entertainment) for some guaranteed smiles :)

Emma, your are just a little bundle of love!  You smile at everyone, and you haven't shown any signs of stranger anxiety yet.  Some of your greatest loves these days are: snuggling up with your purple blanket, swinging, and "walking" around.  I can't wait to see what next month brings!



Love, 

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see that little nugget on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to go in a space ship and SLOW down time!

    ReplyDelete