Monday, July 8, 2013

June Self Portrait

It should come as no shock to anyone that that I am late again with posting.  And this past month I even forgot to take a purposeful "self portrait".  So I scrolled through my I Phone and found a quick pic I snapped of myself after I got my hair done.


Now, I know this is no glamour shot, but it was the best I could do while stopped at a red light in the car.  And holding the phone low enough so that the people stopped next to me wouldn't see me awkwardly taking a "selfie".  Instead they just saw me awkwardly smiling to myself, so I'm not sure if that's really any better ;)

Anyway, I'm sure I took this pic to send to my sister, as we are constantly texting photos to each other.

Let's talk about my new found joy in getting my hair done.  I have always liked going to the salon, but now that I have two young children, I love going to the salon.  It is the perfect excuse to be away BY MYSELF for 3-4 hours.  If I could afford to get my hair done weekly I would.

And my new hair guy?  Ahhhhmazing.  He's better than any hairdresser I've ever had (and I've had a bunch).  He really took the time to get to know me and what I do with my hair.  For example, last time I went he asked what products I use.  I laughed and told him I'm lucky if I dry my hair, much less use any products.  So he then did my hair using not a single product!  Unheard of for hairdressers.  I am so used to leaving the salon with a head full of products that I promptly wash out.  But he wanted to show me ways that were realistic for me to do my hair at home.  And he gave me lots of tips, which was awesome.

Another huge reason that I love my new hairdresser?  He gave me wine!  I have been going to that salon for 9 years and I have NEVER been offered wine before (though I have seen others drinking it).  But he has two  little girls of similar ages to mine, and he was like "Girl, I can bet you could use some alcohol!"  And it was fabulous!  I felt so high class and pampered...something that every young mom would say they don't feel very often.  I could sit there and read trashy magazines while sipping my wine and not feel the least bit guilty about it.  Like there was something else I should be dong.  Because in that moment there was nothing else that I should have been doing, and that was a wonderful feeling.  Utterly relaxing.

As a mom of an infant and a toddler, there is not much down time in my life right now.  And though I wouldn't change that for anything, I'll grab the opportunity to head to the salon every 8 weeks or so for a recharge :)

2 comments:

  1. I bet that feels like heaven! Love the haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! Your hairdresser sounds like a real winner! Who cares what you look like to other people in their cars; you'll never see them again!

    ReplyDelete