Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flying with an Infant

Yup, that's right.  Call me crazy, but I will be taking Addy on her first flight just three short weeks from now.  By myself.  No Mike; just me and Addy.  To say that I'm nervous would be a huge understatement.

My grandparents go to Florida for the winter every year, and every year I go and visit them.  I just assumed that this year would be an exception, what with having a newborn and all.

Nope.  With the persistent persuasion of my family, I have decided to man up and take my daughter with me to what I hope continues to be an annual trip to Florida.   I have always loved spending time with all of my grandparents, and I especially look forward to spending that time in warm, sunny Florida. :)  Except that it isn't usually warm when I go.  Or sunny.  But that's beside the point. 

I feel like the bond that children have with their grandparents is so special and important in their lives.  My sister and I are blessed to have four amazing grandparents.  For as long as I can remember I have looked forward to seeing them, and have cherished my time with them  They played with us, took us on fun adventures, and in general, spoiled us rotten.  What kid wouldn't love that?  And to this day I look forward to every opportunity that I have to see my grandparents.  I really hope that Addy develops that same bond with her grandparents.  Knowing all of them and how much they adore her already, I'm sure that she will.   On this trip she will get to see a lot of her extended family (aunt, grandma, and great-grandparents!),  and that's the main reason that I want to take her.  We don't live near any of our family, and don't get to see them nearly as frequently as we would like to, so I want to give her every opportunity to be with them that I can.

It's bound to be a blast, and that's why I've decided to put my nervousness about flying alone with an infant aside, and take her on this fun trip!  Maybe it'll even be warm and she can show off her bikini body ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment