Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One Year: A Reflection

I can't believe our baby girl is a year old already!  No longer an infant.  That seems impossible.  Utterly impossible!  How did she go from this:



to this:


in the blink of an eye?  But she did.

I know the years will continue to fly by as this one surely has.  And that makes me sad because I want to stop time and hold her right where she is.  But I know I can't do that.  This is all simply a single grain in the sands of time.  Knowing this, I try so hard to savor every little moment with our baby girl, because in another blink of an eye she'll no longer be a baby, and one more blink and childhood is gone.

It's crazy how fast time goes.  I guess its true what they say: Time flies when you are having fun!

Before we know it, she'll be starting school, getting her heart broken, graduating school, and eventually hopefully starting a family of her own.  And she can look back and read what her mom wrote and feel all of those same things for her little one.

But for now she is still my little girl, and I'm gonna hold on tight. 

 "One big heart, while tiny in size.... so pure, so open, so innocent.... and so full of love to give."

Above was a quote from a card that I really loved, and here is another that made me cry when I read it (yes, her first birthday has left me slightly emotional ;)) because it really sums it all up:

Things I've discovered with my baby girl:

That raising your own princess beats any fairy tale.
That a lot of great big people can be wrapped around one tiny finger.
That a toothless smile can light up the world like instant sunshine.
That watching her sleep is sometimes more satisfying that finding sleep yourself.
And most of all.... that there is no greater joy than having a little girl to love.

This has been the best year ever, and looking back on it all, I can't help but smile :)


2 comments:

  1. Yay Addy! I can't believe she is a year old either - crazy how fast it flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that little smile SO much...

    ReplyDelete