Friday, August 31, 2012

August Self Portrait

This month has been all about getting ready for Emma's arrival.  Funny how different it is getting ready for Baby Number One versus Baby Number Two.  The nursery for B1 is ready and waiting long before the due date.  Everything is in it's place, clothes are washed, crib is made, decorations are perfectly placed on the walls.

Then B2 comes along and somehow time slips away from you and all of the sudden she is due to arrive in 3 weeks and you are not even close to being ready.  Clothes are not washed, crib mattress still hasn't arrived, and the walls are bare bones. 

It's not because we care any less about B2, it's just that with another child already here to look after, you just can't devote the time to getting the nursery ready that you could with B1.  And that fact makes every Mama feel guilty.  I want Emma to have a beautiful room like Addy does.  I just need more hours in the day.

That is where my wonderful sister came in.  She came down to visit over the past few days and helped out a lot with Addy so that I could at least get started with Emma's nursery.  So here's a little glimpse at what I've been up to:

Painting mirrors, letters, and shadowboxes
 

I think the "E" turned out so cute :)
 
I'm no expert at DIY projects, and clearly painting was no exception.  I'm just hoping that no one looks too closely at my handiwork, because you will see uneven paint on the letter, little paintbrush bristles that somehow came off and got stuck in the mirror, and drips of paint running down the sides of the shadowboxes. 
 
 It's not perfect, but it was all created with love.  Your room will be cute Emma.... It just might take me until after you are born to finish it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment