Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter! (And 12 Week Pics)

We will start off with Addy's 12 week pictures, since they were taken last week.







And 12 weeks marked the end... of my maternity leave that is.  I officially went back to work this past weekend, and although I was nervous, it felt great to be back.  I felt like I was myself again.  Not just a mom, but Jess again.  It's hard to explain, but it was a great feeling.  And I have to say that I wasn't nervous at all about leaving Addy for 2 days in a row.  Mike was with her, so I knew she was in great hands.  The only downside was that I missed her first Easter :(  Tina and I bought her an Easter dress before she was even born, so I made Mike promise to take her to church and take plenty of pictures.  And he didn't disappoint.  Our little girl looked gorgeous in her Easter attire!

How cute is her Easter basket?


Can't forget the bib


Outfit change! (Yes, she has two Easter outfits.)


Love that hat!  Thanks Grandma H!

Mike even took a few videos for me so I could feel like I was a part of her day!  I love him!







I thought it was so funny, because when I asked him why the last one was so short, he replied that he only took it to prove that he took her to church.  Haha!

Despite the fact that I missed Addy's first Easter, I was so glad to get back to work.  I am only working one day a week, which I feel like is perfect for our family right now.  It's just enough to keep me into it and get me out of the house, but not so much that I feel like I 'm missing out on time with Addy. 

I also think it's good for Mike to stay with her by himself on those days that I work.  It gives him an appreciation for what a typical day is like for me ;)  When I got home from work on Saturday he said to me "Man, this is no joke.  She is draining!"  I laughed and said  "I know, I know!"

Mike is such a great daddy and I am so lucky to be sharing my life with him.  So many girls at work told me how they were nervous to leave their babies with their husbands while they came back to work, but I truly never felt that.  He is so wonderful with Addy, and we might not do everything exactly the same way, but we both care for her with the same amount of love.  I love to watch Mike's interactions with her and see how much he adores his daughter.  It melts my heart.  Getting back to work, and Mike having a "Daddy and Addy" weekend was good for all of us I think.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  This Easter I am thankful for my amazing husband.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Mike is a great husband! I bet it feels good to get back into your old routine and spend the day with adults:)

    ReplyDelete