Friday, August 29, 2014

August Self Portrait

Some months I have a tough time deciding what to do for my self portrait.  Not this month.  It had to be running.  I did A LOT of running this month.  Here's me and my faithful running buddy on one of our many jaunts this summer:



 As I wrote about last month, I am training for two half marathons, one being just over a week away.  Therefore the bulk of my training occurred in August.  Every weekend included a long run, and four other days during the week included running as well.  I have trained to the best of my ability, so here's hoping that race day goes smoothly.  

My goal is for a sub-two hour half marathon.  It has been my goal for years, but it's always been just out of reach.  For the first time however, I really do have hope that I can do it.  I have to take a deep breath saying that out loud, because I'll be really disappointed if I don't achieve my goal after all of this intense training, and now the world (or at least the small world that reads this blog) will know it.  Running a half marathon in under two hours will require me to run at a nine minute mile...for all 13 miles.  Easy for some, I know.  But ever since high school I have been a pretty consistent 10 minute miler.  So I really had to amp up the training and break out of my comfort zone.  Am I confident?  No.  Not by a long shot.  But I do have hope.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment