Sunday, September 16, 2012

Addy's First Day of School!

I know, I know.  She is only a year and a half old.  But being that it is just her and I hanging out most days, I wanted her to start playing with other kids on a more consistent basis.  And when we joined the local YMCA back in January I found out that they have a "Transitional Two's" preschool class there.  Meaning that all of the kids in that class will turn two during this school year.  I thought it seemed like something that Addy would enjoy, so I signed her up.

Her class is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12:30, and so far she seems to really like it!  There are seven kids total in her class and two teachers.  I like both of her teachers a lot and they seem to really love the kids.  They have a little schedule of activities that they do, including indoor playtime, outdoor playtime, craft time, reading time, and of course, snack time.

When Mike and I went to parent orientation the week before school started we got a little list of things the kids needed to bring to school, and amongst them was a lunch box and backpack.  I was so excited to get little Addy her school supplies, so I promptly headed over to Pottery Barn Kids and picked up the cutest little matching lunchbox and backpack :)

Here she is in Starbucks where I presented her with her school supplies :)
 
Mike thinks I'm crazy for: #1 Getting excited about it, and #2 Spending the money to get her stuff at Pottery Barn Kids.  But in my defense, both items were on sale, and I figure she will use them both for many years to come.  There is my justification :)
 
So school started last week, and Mike and I both had off to take Addy there for her first day.
 
We started off the morning with a pancake breakfast :)
 

She loves that lunchbox, and when she picks it up she walks away saying "Work!".  It's so cute!
 

Ready to go!!
 
 
Love this picture!
 
 
Still hanging on to that lunchbox
 
 

Walking in to school
 
 
Had to give the geese a quick kiss before we went in ;)
 
 

 

 

Mike and I took advantage of what would probably be our last solo meal in a long time, and went out for an impromptu lunch date :)
 

All of their little backpacks lined up in a row for pick up time... I love it!
 
 

Addy had a great first day, but boy was she tired!
 
 
The very first school art projects :)
 
 

Each child has a little notebook and the teachers write a note in it every day about how their day went.  I think it's such a great idea and Mike and I love to read them.
 
 
There it is.  Addy's first day of school has come and gone.  Now don't worry, I'm not completely crazy.  I use the term "school" loosely, and I realize that it's more of a glorified daycare at this age.  But she really does seem to enjoy it, and she's been adapting exceptionally well so far.  She didn't cry either day when we left, and on the second day she started clapping when we got into the parking lot!  So I know she's having fun, and that's all that matters :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of mike and Addy before heading out is so cute! Glad to hear she's enjoying it so far:)

    ReplyDelete