Monday, September 24, 2012

Today is the Day!!

Ready or not, here she comes!  Today is my induction day, and hopefully by this time tomorrow Emma will be here!!  I really can't believe it.  This is our last days as a family of four (including Daisy of course).


I guess you never really feel fully prepared for a child.  Even though we already have one (and it wasn't all that long ago that we had her), adding another child still makes me nervous even though I am super excited.  Having two will add a whole other dimension.  I am about to have child(ren); pleural!  It truly blows my mind.  I guess because we are so comfortable with where we are with Addy, it is just the fear of the unknown that is making me anxious.

Today is Addy's last day as an only child.  Saying that brings tears to my eyes for some reason.  I am trying to spend as much time with her as possible, because from now on I will have to split my time between my kiddos.  I feel bad that Addy will no longer be the only one.  I feel bad that Emma will never be the only one.  I wonder how I will be able to split my time and my attention evenly.  All of the questions and concerns that every parent has, I suppose.

But I know that it will all work out and be wonderful.  Despite the nervousness and anxiety, my biggest feeling is excitement.  Excitement for the future and all that it has to bring.  Excitement for my girls to grow up together and never know any different than having the other right there beside them.  A constant companion, a constant annoyance, a forever best friend.

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives :)  Bring it on!!

2 comments:

  1. And now she's here, and made such a pleasant entrance to the world! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...having two daughters is really very simple: You love each one more than anything else in the entire world. :-)

    ReplyDelete