Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in PA! (Part Two)

The second three days of our PA excursion were spent at my Dad's house and we had a Christmas celebration there as well.  My grandparents came in for the day and my stepsister flew in from Las Vegas, which was awesome!

Here's a little peek into "Christmas" morning at my Dad's:

Santa came to town!


Addy admiring the angel on top of the tree.  She really loved looking at all of the angels on this trip.  It was interesting because my Mom had one on top of her kitchen cabinets and Addy found it and would wave to her.  Then when we got to my Dad's, she saw the angel on top of the tree and two others throughout his house and would wave to those too :)


Ha ha, I do not remember this picture being taken, but Mike must've snuck it in!  We were all a little bit IPad obsessed ;)  (Behind Tina is one of the angels I was talking about and behind the light on that cabinet is the other one.)


It's gift time!!!


Addy and her stocking.  Kinda looks like she is sitting in it :)  (I love how the stocking stuffer that Mike is holding in this pic is the Boogie Wipes, ha ha!)


Two more stocking stuffers : that adorable headband and a "My First Christmas" cup.


I did it!  I did it!  I finally captured a photo of Tina and Addy where Addy is smiling!  She isn't looking at the camera, but I'll take what I can get :)


Addy and her great-grandma :)


Check out the awesome backpack that her great-grandma and great-grandpa gave her!  It's a zebra and it's so soft.  We named her Zoe the Zebra :)  Addy loves to lay on her and hug her, but she's not really a fan of the whole backpack concept yet.


I love Erin's face in this picture ;) ... and  I can't believe this is the only picture I have of Erin from this trip.  Ha ha!


One of the nights before we put Addy to bed we took her to see "The Lights in the Parkway" and she loved it!  Basically the park is all lit up with Christmas lights and you drive through it.  She was waving to all of the lights and ooohing and ahhhing.  It was so cute!




Then on our last day, we decided to head down to Peeps Fest for something to do.  Those marshmellow Peeps are made in Allentown and for whatever reason they had a festival over the Christmas holiday.  I have to admit, it was pretty neat!  And Air Products (the company my Dad works for) was there doing an ice cream demonstration with Peeps.  Unfortunately we didn't taste any, because the line for the ice cream tasting was pretty long.

Hello Peeps Fest!


Grandpa, Addy, and "the Peep"


She was fascinated with "the Peep" and kept looking for him when we walked away :)  This particular room that we were in had a bunch of dioramas that school children made out of Peeps.  Some of them were very clever (like the "Peep"eroni Pizza).  I wish I would've taken some pictures.


This room had a bouncy house for the older kids and loud music playing, both of which Addy loved.  She watched the children and bopped to the music!


Check out this giant Christmas tree made out of Peeps!


View of the tree looking down from the second floor.

After we left Peeps fest, it was time to pack up and make the trek back to NC.  We had such a great time and I love that Addy got to spend her first Christmas holiday surrounded by her loving family :)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas....I know we did!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I wish we could do it all over! Love that picture of Addy and I, email it to me!!

    ReplyDelete